Alptitude Booking Conditions – updated 19.8.20
You will receive a 100% REFUND* or a credit to a future booking (client can choose) of the monies paid i.e. deposits, final payments or any extras you may have purchased, if:
- On the date that you are due to arrive to your Alptitude property, the chalet or the resort of Morzine is closed due to Covid19
- Or, on the date that you are due to arrive to your Alptitude property, the Foreign Commonwealth Office (or the equivalent office in the country you are travelling from) introduces UK wide ‘non-essential’ travel ban to France due to Covid19
Official statements must have been published to announce these closures/restrictions.
This guarantee is valid up to the day you arrive then on a weekly basis if you are staying for consecutive weeks. There will be no refund/part refund should any of the above Covid19 restrictions come into force during a seven night (or less) stay. If you have booked for longer than 7 nights then we will treat each week as a separate booking in terms of refund/credit.
Please note that if Condition 3 below is not adhered to then no refund/credit will be given.
*This refund offer does not apply to any monies already bought forward as credits from 2019-2020 bookings but will cover any subsequent payments made.
The following Terms and Conditions (see below) will also apply.
1. This chalet or apartment, (“the Property”) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Alptitude, to the Client.
2. To reserve the Property the Client should complete the on line booking procedure on the Alptitude website to effect payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following successful processing of the deposit payment, Alptitude will send an e mail confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable 10 weeks before your arrival date. Alptitude will request payment by issuing an email a few days before this is due. Please save firstname.lastname@example.org in your contacts otherwise this may be sent your junk email and Alptitude will not be responsible for this. Failure to pay this by this date will result in an automatic cancellation of your booking and your 25% will not be refunded or credited under any circumstances. At this stage, Alptitude reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 10 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking.
4. An additional refundable security deposit of €300 is required via credit card prior to your arrival. You will receive an email two weeks before you arrive to ask you to pay this on Your Booking page before you arrive.
This deposit (less any deduction for damage) will be returned to you within 72 hours of your departure. Please note we are not responsible for any currency fluctuations or bank charges from your bank relating to this payment.
This damage deposit for every rental period is required in case of damage to the property or its contents or unreasonable cleaning requirements. The minimum deduction will be €150 however, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to Alptitude.
5. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by Alptitude’s insurance.
6. The Client is advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) as soon as your booking is confirmed and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by Alptitude’s insurance.
Please consider additional cover for the following:
- Trip cancellation due to you or a member of your party contracting Covid19 before arrival
- A requirement to self isolate following booked departure date and associated accommodation costs
- Flight cancellations
- Medical costs associated with Covid19 when abroad
- Trip cancellation due to localised lockdown
7. Alptitude will endeavour to have the property ready for check-in by 4pm on the first day however our cleaning procedures have been extended significantly due to Covid19 and we ask for your patience should it be slightly later. Check out is 10am at the latest on your departure day. We are not able to offer early check-ins, late check outs or bag storage at the moment due to Covid measures. Alptitude shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in the accommodation after the time stated.
8. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the number stated on our website unless Alptitude has given written permission.
9. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period – the same state that it was found in. Although a light final clean is included in our prices, Alptitude reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit, minimum €150, to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable or unreasonable condition.
The Client also agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties. Should Alptitude receive reasonable complaints, The Client will be asked to leave the Property immediately and will forfeit 100% of their security deposit.
Given the additional Covid19 measures, Alptitude requires the client to do the following upon departure:
i) All rubbish/recycling removed from property and disposed of.
ii) All food and drink removed from cupboards and fridges. Please do not leave any goods whatsoever
iii) Dishwasher ON and any washing up done and tidied away
iv) Bed linen stripped and left in a linen bags provided. Please leave mattress protectors ON the beds
v) Dirty towels left in a linen bag provided.
vi) All communal areas swept.
vii) Entry/Exit door handles disinfected with product we provide
10. The client shall report to Alptitude without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, machinery, or appliances in the Property or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. Please note that any door glazing, window or shower screen breakages will be charged at a minimum of €300.
11. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate and adequate insurance. Winter and Summer sports holidays carry an element of danger and clients must be covered by an appropriate insurance policy. Please ensure you read your insurance policy document as soon as you receive it and take it on holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular requirements including your personal belongings.
12. Other than that detailed in our Covid19 guarantee above, Alptitude shall not be liable to the Client for, refund, credit or pay compensation for :
– for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any temporary defect or stoppage of equipment, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden.
– for any loss, damage, or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes, Force Majeure or any other matters beyond the control of Alptitude.
– for any noise or disruption caused by any external sources beyond Alptitude’s control (e.g building works, street noise, shop business, deliveries etc)
-for any theft or loss of personal possessions from our premises. Whilst Alptitude will endeavour to ensure the security of guests’ personal possessions, we cannot guarantee it. It is up to the Client to ensure that each member of the group is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted by Alptitude in respect of such items as it is a condition of your booking (and therefore reasonably assumed by Alptitude) that all guests have taken out appropriate insurance to cover such loss and/or damage.
13. Under no circumstances shall Alptitude’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid by the Client for the rental period.
14. For properties with hot tubs: Charges apply if the tub is misused (ie someone soils it, cracks a glass (please use our plastic glasses). The charge is EUR 150 plus VAT.
This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.