Alptitude Booking Conditions
Please ensure that you have adequate travel insurance at the time of BOOKING with us including adequate Covid cover. If you are planning on purchasing ski or bike insurance with your liftpasses it is especially important to read the terms and conditions relating to non EU citizens. More details can be found in our FAQ questions.
The following Terms and Conditions (see below) will apply.
1. This chalet or apartment, (“the Property”) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Alptitude, to the Client.
2. To reserve the Property the Client should complete the on line booking procedure on the Alptitude website to effect payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following successful processing of the deposit payment, Alptitude will send an e mail confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable 10 weeks before your arrival date. Alptitude will request payment by issuing an email a few days before this is due. Please save email@example.com in your contacts otherwise this may be sent your junk email and Alptitude will not be responsible for this. Failure to pay this by this date will result in an automatic cancellation of your booking and your 25% will not be refunded or credited under any circumstances. At this stage, Alptitude reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 10 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking.
4. An additional refundable security deposit of €300 is required via credit card prior to your arrival. You will receive an email two weeks before you arrive to ask you to pay this on Your Booking page before you arrive.
This deposit (less any deduction for damage) will be returned to you within 5 days of your departure. Please note we are not responsible for any currency fluctuations or bank charges from your bank relating to this payment.
This damage deposit for every rental period is required in case of damage to the property or its contents or unreasonable cleaning requirements. The minimum deduction will be €150 however, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to Alptitude.
Please note that any door glazing, window or shower screen breakages will be charged at a minimum of €300.
Any damage(s) to the property, or its contents, that exceeds €300 will be charged direct to the client upon receipt of replacement invoice/repair. It is advised that the client has sufficient travel insurance to cover any accidental or deliberate damage.
5. In the event of a client cancellation, for any reason, a refund of any amounts paid will not be made. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, Covid risks etc.
6. Given the strict Covid measures as well as operational limitations of Brexit, the rental period shall commence at 5pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. Alptitude shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated, however we will advise the client should the property be available earlier, and the client shall not be entitled to remain in the accommodation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the number stated on our website unless Alptitude has given written permission.
8. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant at all times and respect the rules of the property or building (including only parking in the allocated spaces). The client agrees to take good care of the Property and to leave it in clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period – the same state that it was found in. Although a light final clean is included in our prices, Alptitude reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit, minimum €150, to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable or unreasonable condition and does not complete the basic checklist below.
Alptitude requires the client to complete the following upon departure to avoid additional charges:
i) All rubbish/recycling removed from property and disposed of.
ii) All food and drink removed from cupboards and fridges (please leave any unwanted supplies on the table for the cleaning team).
iii) Dishwasher ON and any washing up done and tidied away
iv) Bed linen stripped and left in a pile. Please leave mattress protectors ON the beds
v) Dirty towels left in ONE bathroom.
vi) All communal areas swept.
The Client also agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
9. The client shall report to Alptitude without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, machinery, or appliances in the Property or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
10. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate and adequate insurance. Winter and Summer sports holidays carry an element of danger and clients must be covered by an appropriate insurance policy. Please ensure you read your insurance policy document as soon as you receive it and take it on holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular requirements including your personal belongings as well as accidental or deliberate damage caused to the property.
11. Alptitude shall not be liable to the Client for, or pay compensation for :
-for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any temporary defect or stoppage of equipment, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden.
-for any loss, damage, or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes, Force Majeure or other matters beyond the control of Alptitude
-for any regional or national water restriction issued due to drought conditions whereby hosepipes and hot tubs cannot be filled
-for any theft or loss of personal possessions from our premises. Whilst Alptitude will endeavour to ensure the security of guests’ personal possessions, we cannot guarantee it. It is up to the Client to ensure that each member of the group is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted by Alptitude in respect of such items as it is a condition of your booking (and therefore reasonably assumed by Alptitude) that all guests have taken out appropriate insurance to cover such loss and/or damage.
12. Under no circumstances shall Alptitude’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid by the Client for the rental period.
13. For properties with hot tubs: Charges apply if the tub is misused (ie someone soils it, cracks a glass (please use our plastic glasses). The charge is EUR 150 plus VAT.
This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.