Alptitude Booking Conditions
1. This chalet or apartment, (“the Property”) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Alptitude, to the Client.
2. To reserve the Property the Client should complete the on line booking procedure on the Alptitude website to effect payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following successful processing of the deposit payment, Alptitude will send an e mail confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. Alptitude will request payment by issuing an e mail invoice 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If the balance payment is not successfully processed three weeks after the due date, Alptitude reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless Alptitude is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 5 of these conditions will apply. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking.
4. An additional refundable security deposit of €300 is required via credit card prior to your arrival. You will receive an email two weeks before you arrive to ask you to pay this on Your Booking page before you arrive.
This deposit (less any deduction for damage) will be returned to you within 72 hours of your departure. Please note we are not responsible for any currency fluctuations or bank charges from your bank relating to this payment.
This damage deposit for every rental period is required in case of damage to the property or its contents or unreasonable cleaning requirements. The minimum deduction will be €150 however, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to Alptitude.
5. In the event of a cancellation, a refund of any amounts paid will not be made. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by Alptitude’s insurance.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. Alptitude shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in the accommodation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the number stated on our website unless Alptitude has given written permission.
8. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period – the same state that it was found in. Although a light final clean is included in our prices, Alptitude reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit, minimum €150, to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable or unreasonable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties. Alptitude requires the client to do the following upon departure:
i) All rubbish/recycling removed from property and disposed of.
ii) All food and drink removed from cupboards and fridges (please leave any unwanted supplies on the table for the cleaning team).
iii) Dishwasher ON and any washing up done and tidied away
iv) Bed linen stripped and left in a pile. Please leave mattress protectors ON the beds
v) Dirty towels left in ONE bathroom.
vi) All communal areas swept.
9. The client shall report to Alptitude without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, machinery, or appliances in the Property or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. Please note that any door glazing, window or shower screen breakages will be charged at a minimum of €300.
10. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate and adequate insurance. Winter and Summer sports holidays carry an element of danger and clients must be covered by an appropriate insurance policy. Please ensure you read your insurance policy document as soon as you receive it and take it on holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular requirements including your personal belongings.
11. Alptitude shall not be liable to the Client for, or pay compensation for :
– for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any temporary defect or stoppage of equipment, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden.
– for any loss, damage, or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of Alptitude.
– for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged so that its entirety can not be used before the start of the rental period. In such an event, Alptitude shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
-for any theft or loss of personal possessions from our premises. Whilst Alptitude will endeavour to ensure the security of guests’ personal possessions, we cannot guarantee it. It is up to the Client to ensure that each member of the group is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted by Alptitude in respect of such items as it is a condition of your booking (and therefore reasonably assumed by Alptitude) that all guests have taken out appropriate insurance to cover such loss and/or damage.
12. Under no circumstances shall Alptitude’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid by the Client for the rental period.
13. For properties with hot tubs: Charges apply if the tub is misused (ie someone soils it, cracks a glass (please use our plastic glasses). The charge is EUR 150 plus VAT.
This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.